Make Success Happen Business Seminar - September 10 - CANCELED
9/10/2020 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Make Success Happen Business Seminars: The building blocks for improved business management
The Glendale Chamber of Commerce and Glendale Community College (GCC) are dedicated to serving the needs of the business community in the west valley. Our goal is to provide businesses with the tools and networking opportunities they need to succeed and grow their business.
The Chamber and GCC have teamed up to provide chamber members with monthly business education seminars. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from GCC faculty who will explain concepts, review real-life scenarios and facilitate discussions. The seminars will cover key business disciplines that are critical to effectively manage and grow a business. Each 1.5 hour long workshop session will cover subjects such as:
- Business Finance
- Human Resources
- Social Media Marketing
- and much more.
Features and benefits include:
- Seminars are taught by instructors who are experts in their field and have real-world experience.
- The information is provided in an easy to understand format
- Subject matter is relevant to any size business or organization
- The information caters to the needs of business people
- The seminars are designed to round-out the business acumen of owners and managers
- Attend as many or as few seminars as you want
- People who attend each seminar will receive a Certificate of Completion
*A $10 donation for the Glendale Community College Food Pantry would be greatly appreciated. The GCC Food Pantry feeds approximately 1,000 hungry students per week; due to demand outweighing supply, students are only allowed one visit per day to the food pantry. Oftentimes, this is the only food the students get the entire day. The GCC Food Pantry relies 100% on donations to keep shelves stocked.?
September 10's Session:
Presenter - Gabriela Cojanu
Topic - Customer Relationship Management
- Examine the reason towards developing a customer retention plan for your business
- Identify methods to improve customer perceptions and attitudes toward your business
- Determine strategies for dealing with dissatisfied customers
Dr. Cojanu has over twenty-five years of marketing, management and business strategy development experience. She worked in a marketing management role for large organizations such as 3M, University of Phoenix, Apollo Group, Microsoft and DeVry Inc., and has experience with small businesses from owning a marketing consulting company, a jewelry e-commerce website and a real estate corporation.
Her areas of specialization are digital marketing, entrepreneurship and small business start-up and growth. While at Microsoft, she managed the digital marketing program on Microsoft.com, oversaw the inquiry generation and optimization for Carrington Colleges (DeVry Inc.), and was responsible for the database marketing program for University of Phoenix campuses. Currently, she teaches business classes full time and helps students with starting their business and learning entrepreneurship. She has a BS in Economic Studies from American University in Bucharest (1996), Romania, she earned her M.B.A. from Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio in 2002 and was awarded a doctorate degree in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.) from NAU in 2018. Location: Glendale Community College Student Union, room 104, 6000 W Olive Ave, Glendale, AZ 85302