Canine Companions for Independence
Fundraisers We Support
- DogFest Phoenix Feb. 23,2019
Hours of OperationMon - Fri 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Canine Companions for Independence is a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs at no charge to the recipient.
Currently in Arizona, we have 60 active teams that have graduated from our program with an assistance dog. We currently have 28 puppies in training with volunteer puppy raisers.
Canine Companions trains four types of assistance dogs:
- Service Dogs - assist adults with physical disabilities by performing daily tasks.
- Hearing Dogs - alert the deaf and hard of hearing to important sounds.
- Skilled Companions - enhance independence for children and adults with physical, cognitive and developmental disabilities.
- Facility Dogs - work with a professional in a visitation, education or healthcare setting.
Here is a link to some great videos that show what we do. http://www.cci.org/news-media/videos.html