4600 W. Camelback Road
Glendale, AZ 85301
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
This will show up if the script is missing or flash isn't installed
- Taxi service
- Taxi cab
- cab company
- cab service
- cab companies
- transportation service
- taxi services
- airport transportation
Going Green Commitments
- “Our commitment to green runs deeper than the color of our cars.” This statement by CEO and Founder, Craig Hughes, summarizes the philosophy of Total Transit’s dedication to environmental leadership. The serious commitment of changing their fleet to primarily using the most fuel efficient and safest brand of a hybrid car, the Toyota Prius, Total Transit’s, Discount Cab, now boasts the largest fleet of Prius taxis in North America.
- Total Transit launched its initial fleet of 20 Prius cabs, starting on Earth Day, 2008. As the older model vehicles are phased out, they are being replaced with the Prius, for a goal of more than 250 such “green” vehicles in 2010, thereby saving more than 100,000 tons of CO2 emissions, as well as 1 million gallons of gasoline.
- To celebrate Earth Day 2009, Total Transit donated $8200 to Habitat for Humanities LEED certified housing projects, through its commitment of $1 for every cab ride.
- “Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona is pleased to have been chosen as the recipient of the proceeds from Discount Cab’s Earth Day fundraising project,” said Roger Schwierjohn, President and CEO of Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona. “We congratulate them on their 25th anniversary and commend them for being environmentally conscious leaders in their industry. This donation will allow Habitat the ability to continue its affordable green building initiative.”
- However, Total Transit doesn’t limit its commitment to environmental stewardship through just its fleet of taxis. Total Transit has enlisted its employees, its management and its location into this mindset. Through its renovation of the Glendale facility in 2005, Total Transit spent $1 million on energy efficient, environmentally sensitive improvements.
- Continuing this renovation, in February, 2010, Total Transit installed 400 solar panels to generate most of the energy needed to run the entire facility. This is an investment of approximately $750,000 through a partnership between Total Transit and Perfect Power.
- This is only one example of a partnership whose ultimate goal is to encourage and contribute to environmental solutions. Another such partnership is with Red Mountain Lighting, where we worked to change the lighting in the shop to a more responsible solution. By working with Safety-Kleen, we are able to make an impact with our maintenance shop by using non-solvent based chemicals, recycling our coolant, and reclaiming all the fluids from retired or scrapped cars. And last but not least, Western Watts performed an energy audit and added a power conditioner to all three of our statewide our facilities, producing energy savings of over 15%.
- Using the readily available advertising medium of taxi wraps, Total Transit has brought awareness to the public about eco-friendly companies in the Valley, such as Eco-Aid, Arizona Solar Concepts and Valley Forward. To further motivate our employees in this mindset, we subsidize bus passes, encourage the use of re-usable coffee mugs, rather than disposable styrofoam cups and the use of “green” cleaning supplies.
- Total Transit has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to environmental quality through conservation of natural resources, the initiation of environmental programs, contribution to environmental awareness and participation in environmental activities.
Hours of Operation24 / 7 - 365
Discount Cab, with 26 years of serving the Valley, has the largest Prius fleet in the U.S. For transportation in one of our eco-friendly vehicles, driven by a courteous professional, call (602) 200-2000.